Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gejang

Ganjang gejang is soy sauce marinated raw crab dish. Yangnyeom gejang or Spicy Crab is marinated crabs in gochujang (chili pepper paste). It is a dish which is made with raw crabs and a spicy and sweet sauce of chili pepper powder, and ground Korean pear, onions, ginger, etc.

We had dinner at the restaurant and before we left we ordered more and asked the waitress to pack it so we can take it out. Here's what we took home.



Yangnyeom gejang (right photo) is my hubby's favorite. It is sometimes serve in the restaurant and it comes with some side dishes when you order the main dish specially to barbecue or samgyeopsal restaurant.

In my case, I prefer ganjanggejang (left photo) than yangnyeom gejang. Ganjang gejang is delicious when you put rice on the top shell of the crab. It's yummy. It's one of my favorites. It's a little bit salty so it's better to eat with rice. Looking at the pictures make me feel hungry. I'm craving for gejang again.



No comments: